KAKINADA: Cataloguing of rare and old books available in the popular KRVK Library here has been completed.
INTACH East Godavari chapter took up the project as part of its silver jubilee celebrations and computerised the list of 8,000 books to bring out the catalogue recently. The library was started in 1913 by philanthropists like Kuthiventi Perraju, Bulusu Sambamurthy, Duriseti Seshagirirao Pantulu, Mallipudi Pallam Raju, Lakkaraju Subbarao, Pydah Subbarayudu and Venkatachelapathi with the late Maharajah of Pithapuram as its president.
The library was named after the Zamindar of Polavaram Kocharlakota Raja Venkata Krishna Rao as he donated more than 10,000 books to the library. At one time, more than 15,000 books on literature, culture, puranas in English, Telugu and Sanskrit. Convener of the chapter L. Sesha Kumari and other members handed over the catalogues to president of the East Godavari District Association K.V.S. Anjaneya Murthy last weekend.