Staff Reporter

HYDERABAD: Four persons died after inhaling poisonous gases in a septic tank of a software company at Madhapur on Sunday while they were cleaning it.

The victims have been identified as Chandraiah (45), Dasharat (45), Naganna (40) and Chaitanya Kumar (20).

The software company hired a contractor for cleaning the septic tank.

The contractor later engaged four persons for completing the work.

Noxious gases

“Minutes after entering the tank, the workers died after inhaling noxious gases produced inside the tank,” said Madhapur Inspector J. Bhujanga Rao.

Chandraiah and Dasharat were residents of Kanenmet, while Naganna was from R. C. Puram in Medak district and Kumar of Miyapur, according to the police.

Case booked

Police registered a negligence case against the contractor.

They later shifted the bodies to the Gandhi Hospital for conducting the post-mortem.