A student of Sarada Degree College created flutter in the classroom on Tuesday morning by consuming pesticide.

The Satyanarayanapuram police said Meduboina Yedukondalu (18) of Chalasani Nagar in Ranigarithota fell in the classroom and told his friends that he had consumed pesticide. He was rushed to a private hospital here he was given first aid. Contrary to the police version, students said a girl of the same college, with whom Yedukondalu was being friendly, too consumed pesticide and was given first aid. A case was registered against Yedukondalu.