HYDERABAD: A 16-year-old boy Sheshu Kumar, who suffered serious burns after his neighbours threw acid on him and his family at his house in Ziaguda a few weeks ago, succumbed to burns at the Osmania General Hospital on Sunday.
Kumar’s father Ramesh Kumar Gupta (55), mother Vidya Devi (40) and sisters – Deepmala (18) and Poonam (14) – escaped with minor burns. A dispute over sharing the electricity bill of a rented house they were living in led to the attack. The accused – Gopal, his mother Indu Rani, and other tenant Raju and his sister Veeramani – bore a grudge against Gupta, for not paying additional amount as he was allegedly using an air-cooler. Three families share the monthly electricity bill as there was a single meter. Police later arrested the four accused persons involved in the case.