Staff Reporter

HYDERABAD: Three members of a family suffered burn injuries after a major fire broke out in a slum area at Gudimalkapur on Friday morning.

At least 100 huts were destroyed when fire enveloped them creating panic among the people living in them. Many daily wage labourers are staying in 200 huts in the locality. It was a providential escape for many workers as a local resident Das noticed flames spreading to other huts and raised an alarm. While 30-year-old Rani and her daughters Anusha (6) and Anuradha (3) received burns, others escaped unhurt. Langer Houz Fire Officer, V. Banu Pratap said flames were erupted due to sparks came from nearby high-tension wires.