Three tents, including a store house, were gutted in a fire at the Maha Kumbh Mela here on Monday.

No injuries were reported. This is the third such incident reported in the mela, which commenced on January 14.

The fire broke out just before noon in a camp of the Avahan Akhara, located in Sector 4, said sector magistrate Sunil Kumar Verma, adding that it was triggered by an LPG leak.

Though fire brigades were rushed to the spot within minutes, there was a substantial loss of food grains, he said.

Late on Sunday evening, a short-circuit was reported from the camp of the Panchayati Bada Udasin Akhara of the same sector.

No fire was reported even as fire brigades were rushed to the spot.

The State government has urged VIPs , including film stars, to avoid visiting the mela on Mauni Amavasya (February 10) which is estimated to draw more than three-crore pilgrims.