They received written notices even as no arrests have been made in the case
Over a month since three sisters were found dead in a well near Murmadi village in Bhandara district of Maharashtra, no arrests have been made.
The doctors who conducted the post-mortem on the three girls, aged 11, 9 and 6, have been issued written notice barring them from speaking to the media.
The three sisters had gone missing on February 14 and their dead bodies were found in a well about 2 km from the village on February 16.
The post-mortem report of the three girls indicated “sexual assault” and Inspector General of Police, Nagpur Range, Rajendra Singh, on February 18 declared that “the three girls were raped and then killed”.
Report rules out assault
But three forensic reports from Harish Pathak, the head of the forensic department of KEM Hospital, JJ Hospital’s S. Nandankar and retired forensic expert from AIIMS T.D. Dogra contradicted the post-mortem report over sexual assault.
Last week, when the forensic reports contradicted the post-mortem report, all five doctors who were part of the post-mortem team had defended the report saying that there was definite sexual assault at least on the two younger sisters.
According to Dinesh Kuthe of Bhandara district hospital, the doctors were planning to hold a press conference on Wednesday on some issues related to the report but were prevented from doing so by a senior health official from Nagpur.
“All three reports are unanimous that there was no sexual assault on the girls,” said SP Aarti Singh.
All three post-mortem reports claim no sexual assault, says SP The doctors had planned to hold press meet on Wednesday
All three post-mortem reports claim no sexual assault, says SP
The doctors had planned to hold press meet on Wednesday