The minor girl who had got a two-year-old baby admitted to the All-India Institute of Medical Sciences' Trauma Centre a few days ago with serious injuries, including human bite marks all over her body, has alleged that she was subjected to torture by her father and sexually abused by a young man with whom she had been living in Mahipalpur.

The 14-year-old girl's mother died some years ago and she lived with her father, who allegedly tortured her physically. Unable to bear the suffering, she fled from her residence on May 26 last year and subsequently her father got a kidnapping case registered at the Sangam Vihar police station on June 2. According to her statement, she went straight to her paternal aunt's house where she stayed for three months, but her aunt apparently did not inform her father.

The girl again fled from her relative's place and was spotted at a bus shelter by a woman who offered her a job at her residence in Munirka. She stayed there for some time and was then handed over to one Rajkumar, who took her to his residence in Dwarka. The girl alleged that Rajkumar, who claimed to be a cab driver, raped her several times over a period of time.

The duo then shifted to a guesthouse in Mahipalpur where Rajkumar took a room on monthly basis. About a fortnight ago, he returned home with a two-year-old baby girl and told the victim that he had adopted the child and would raise her.

A few days ago, Rajkumar went out of the city leaving behind the teenaged girl to take care of the toddler on her own. It is suspected that unable to handle a crying child and in frustration, she allegedly hurt the baby.

On January 18 morning, the girl purportedly claimed that she took the child to the bathroom for a wash when she fell down and sustained serious head injuries. She raised an alarm and with the help of a woman, she rushed the baby to a private hospital from where she took an autorickshaw to the AIIMS Trauma Centre where the baby was admitted to in the afternoon.

The South Delhi Police were informed of the incident. “We carried out searches for the child's relatives and have registered a case of kidnapping, abandoning the child and causing grievous hurt against unknown persons. No arrests have been made in the case so far,” said a police officer.