SEARCH

No Brazil move for Anelka – Mineiro

AFP
print   ·   T  T  

No Brazil move for Anelka – Atletico Mineiro

Brazilian club Atletico Mineiro said on Tuesday they have scrapped plans to sign controversial French forward Nicolas Anelka.

Director of football Eduardo Maluf indicated Mineiro had been unable to contact the former Arsenal, Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain and Chelsea veteran and would not pursue their interest in the 35-year-old. Mineiro, current club of veteran Brazil star Ronaldinho, confirmed to AFP the deal was off while Anelka himself told journalists from Kuwait that he was still a free agent.AFP

The Hindu presents the all-new Young World

O
P
E
N

close

Recent Article in IN SCHOOL

Photos: ap, pti, afp

Cricket: At a glance

No fracture for Bell after thumb blow against India

There was relief for England after senior batsman Ian Bell (... »