Seventy students of a school in Idukki district were hospitalised on Monday due to food poisoning allegedly after they had food from the hostel.
Medical College Hospital sources said the students, studying in the fifth to ninth standards, complained of stomach ache, vomiting and diarrhoea after having dinner at the hostel yesterday.
They were taken to the taluk hospitals at Peerumedu and Kanjirapally and after first-aid, taken back to the hostel.
This morning, the students again developed similar symptoms and were taken to the Medical College hospital and Taluk Hospital at Kanjirapally, sources said.
Those above 12 years were being treated at the Medical College hospital and the rest at the Children’s wing of the Medical College hospital here. They are said to be out of danger.PTI