1. Which festival is said to observe Rama’s return to Ayodhya and Krishna’s killing of Narakasura?
2. On which day are celebrations held to mark Uttarayana i.e. the transition of Sun into Capricorn on its celestial path?
3. Rongali, Kongali and Bhogali are three types of which Assamese festival?
4. On which day does the Durga Puja begin and when does it end?
5. Which spiritual leader and a religion founder’s birthday is observed on the full moon night in the month of Vaisakha?
6. At the end of October, Nanded will see the tercentenary celebrations of which two important events in the Sikh faith?
7. What celebrations mark the end of Ramadan, the Islamic holy month of fasting?
8. Why do married women observe “Karva Chauth”?
9. What is celebrated on the 15th day of the first month in the lunar year in the Chinese calendar?
10. In Kerala, which mythical king is said to visit his subjects on Thiruvonam day?
11. Which festival for brothers and sister traditionally falls on the on the second day after Diwali?
12. Whose idols are carried in ceremonial procession during the famous ‘Rath Yatra’ in Orissa.
13. What is ‘Navroze’?
14. Which incident from the Mahabharata forms the basis for the Tarnetar Fair in Gujarat?
15. Alanganallur in Tamil Nadu is the most famous town for what activity that takes place during Pongal?