SEARCH

Little too much glue

print   ·   T  T  
REGGIE: It wasn't even tasty!
REGGIE: It wasn't even tasty!

SUBAJAYANTHI B.

A black Labrador retriever named Reggie that swallowed a quarter of a bottle of glue is now recovering after surgery. Dr. Mark Reineck of Fremont Animal Hospital, Ohio, who operated on the dog said the glue had turned into foam in its stomach and had expanded before hardening when mixed with food and fluid inside. X-rays showed two large masses in the dog's abdomen. Dr. Reineck removed two stiff globs, one the size of an orange and the other as big as a head of a cauliflower. The heavy-duty polyurethane adhesive can be used to bond wood, stone, metal and brick. "The dog is now doing great and we expect a full recovery," Dr. Reineck said. The doctor who has had to remove a raincoat, a stuffed toy's head and the bottom third of a Christmas tree with glass ornaments from other dogs, said people need to be aware that household items can be attractive but dangerous for both pets and children.


O
P
E
N

close

Recent Article in YOUNG WORLD

SOLUTIONS

Across: 1: Jack 3: Apple; 9: Olive; 10: Mango; 12: Orange; 13: Sour; 15: Grape; 17: Lime; 19: Kiwi; 20: Peach; 23:... »