SEARCH

St. Mark’s Cathedral

print   ·   T  T  

Inspired by the Christopher Wren-designed St. Paul’s Cathedral in London, St. Mark’s Cathedral on M.G. Road (which started as a garrison chapel for the British Army in 1808) was completed in 1812. It was named after St. Mark, believed to be the first gospel writer, and was rebuilt in 1927 after its interiors were destroyed in a fire.