1) Name the chess playing computer developed by IBM that defeated then world champion Gary Kasparov.
2) What position is a chess player supposed to be in, if he has no moves that do not worsen his position?
3) Which famous game played by Paul Morphy is used by chess instructors to teach the importance of rapidly developing one's pieces?
4) What name was given to the 1972 World Championship match between Boris Spassky and Bobby Fischer?
5) What is the method of calculating the relative skill levels of chess players called?
1) Deep Blue
3) Opera Game
4) Match of the Century
5) Elo Rating System
Answer to Last Column's Question: “Ruy Lopez”. Winner Ananth Yalamarthy can collect a gift voucher from the Hindu Metro Plus office
This Fortnight's Question:
Name the short story by Munshi Premchand about two chess-obsessed noblemen that was made into a movie by Satyajit Ray.
Email your answer to email@example.com.
The first person to mail the correct answer will win a gift voucher for Rs 250
(K-Circle meets every Saturday from 4.30 to 6.30 pm at YMCA, Secunderabad)