1. Which domestic appliance, when first introduced to the market, earned the nickname “Noisy Serpent”?
2. Which American sports personality has launched a clothing line called Aneres?
3. Which brand gets its name from the coffee loving second mate of the ship Pequod in Herman Melville’s novel, Moby Dick?
4. What nickname is given to the preliminary Initial Public Offering prospectus which offers prospective investors a first glimpse of the financial and strategic details of companies seeking to raise funds from the public?
5. Name the American gun manufacturer that made the first typewriter to have both Upper Case and Lower Case letters and patented it in 1878.
1. Vacuum Cleaner
2. Serena Williams. Aneres is Serena written backwards.
3. Starbucks. The second mate of the whaling ship Pequod was named Starbucks.
4. Red Herring Prospectus
Answer to Last Week’s Question: Bundesliga: The German Chess League is also called Bundesliga. Winner Akshay J
can collect the gift voucher from The Hindu MetroPlus office
This Week’s Question
Which is the only country to have ATMs with instructions in Latin?
Email your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org. The first person to mail the correct answer will win a gift voucher for Rs 250.
(K-Circle meets every Saturday from 4.30 to 6.30 p.m. at YMCA, Secunderabad)