TIP Try adding pizzazz and nutrition to your kids' lunch box
If your kids are easily bored with the lunches you pack for school, try adding a little pizzazz (and nutrition) to the boring brown bag.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics suggests how to make packed lunches more exciting for your kids:
* Have a meeting when you plan out the week's lunches together.
* Include special treats to celebrate special days; for example, pack red foods for World Heart Day or Valentine's Day.
* Pack new foods that your kids seem interested in.
* Pack extras to share with friends, which could encourage a picky eater.
* Buy some fun storage gear that will keep foods insulated.
NYT News Service