Lamakaan, the open cultural centre on Road no.1, Banjara Hills, has a host of events lined up this week. Here’s the schedule:
* ‘The Beyond Within’ — a performance of poetry in art form. A poet takes the stage and recites his verses, which is simultaneously interpreted and portrayed by other artistes through imagery, dance, music, art etc. The poet for this evening is Faraz Khan, an actor, writer, poet from Hyderabad, now based in Mumbai.
Friday, February 1; 7.30 p.m.
For admission, contact Vaishali: 9849574539
* ‘Pecha Kucha Night’ Drawing its name from the Japanese term for the sound of ‘chit chat’, the concept rests on a presentation format based on a simple idea: 20 images x 20 seconds.
Saturday, February 2; 7.30 p.m.
* ‘Art Collective’ — an invitation to artists to show their works to help patrons and children appreciate the talent and learn. The event is open to all artists and artisans to participate with their works of art. Artists are allowed to sell their own works or books on the side lines. Parents and schools may bring in their children for a quick workshop with various artists like Origami, Pressed leaves artist and musicians. February 2 and 3; 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
* ‘Jamathon’ — A musical jamming marathon noon, presented by Hyderabad-based Studio E1E. This afternoon of live music will present experimental musical collaborations featuring artistes and bands belonging to various genres. Please bring your musical instruments along and try and break rhythm with others.
February 3; 11 a.m. onwards
* Taking Root — A film on Nobel Laureate Wangari Maathai, will narrate the story of the Green Belt Movement of Kenya and its founder Wangari Maathai, the first environmentalist and first African woman to win the Nobel Peace Prize. This screening is presented by RDBO - Rang De Box Office, an initiative of the Rang De Hyderabad Chapter.
Sunday, February 3; 6.30 p.m.
For more details on all the events, please contact Lamakaan at 9642731329