The Cabinet has decided to provide government jobs to one eligible member of each of the families of those who died in the recent twin blasts at Dilsukhnagar and in extremist violence. Briefing the media after the Cabinet meeting here on Thursday, Information Minister D.K. Aruna said legislative backing would be given to this decision in the upcoming budget session in order to make this a permanent arrangement. She explained that jobs had already been offered in case of the families of those who lost their lives in the 2007 bomb blasts in the city. She did not clarify if the measure would be applicable to all the affected families which lost their members in naxalite violence in the past. Ms. Aruna said Rs.6 lakh had been disbursed to each family of the 17 dead victims.


  • Legislative backing will be given to this decision in the upcoming budget session

  • ‘Rs.6 lakh disbursed to each family of the 17 dead victims in the twin blasts’


  • More In: Today's Paper