Maida - 400 gms
Lukewarm milk or water - 100 ml
Curd - 2 tbsp
Dried yeast - 1 tbsp
Sugar - 1 tsp
Butter - 3 tbsp
Sesame seeds - 1 tbsp
Poppy seeds - 2 tbsp
Salt - 10 gms
1. Dissolve sugar in the milk and add the yeast. Set aside for 20 minutes.
2. Sieve together salt and flour in a basin. Make a well in the centre. Pour in the yeast mixture, curd and 2 tbsp of butter.
3. Knead well and set aside for 2 to 3 hours in a warm place.
4. Punch down the dough, knead and divide into 8 balls. Set aside for 10 minutes.
5. Roll out each ball into a round disc and pull one side gently to get the shape of teardrop.
6. Mix together poppy seeds and sesame seeds with one tbsp of butter. Apply this mixture on each naan.
7. Place the prepared naans on a tray and bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees Celsius till the surface turns brown.
8. Brown both sides and serve hot.
(The writer is HOD, Department of Catering Science and Hotel Management, SNR Sons College.)
Send this article to Friends by