Moong Sprouts Salad
Green gram sprouts - 100 gms
Onion - 30 gms
Tomato (Ripe) - 50 gms
Green Chillies - 3
Coriander leaves - 1/2 sprig
Lemon - 1
Salt - to taste
1.Wash the sprouts and drain.
2. Cut the tomato into half and remove seeds and pulp. Dice into cubes the size of the sprouts.
3. Slit green chillies, deseed and chop finely.
4. Chop onions and fresh coriander leaves.
5. Mix the prepared ingredients. Add lemon juice and salt. Mix gently.
6. Serve it as a separate dish or as an accompaniment to Indian breads and rice.
Note: Mixing of ingredients and the addition of lemon juice should be done just before serving. Cubes of the hard-boiled white of eggs and red or yellow bell peppers, boiled rice and grated coconut can be added to the sprouts in small quantities.
(The author is the HOD, Catering Science and Hotel Management, SNR Sons College)
Send this article to Friends by