Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) president Michael Fennell has conceded that everyone has to share the blame and responsibility for the inadequate preparation, particularly in regard to the Athletes Village, even as he confirmed full participation of all the member-countries for the games set to open on October 3.

In the first news conference at the Main Press Centre (MPC) in Pragati Maidan on Saturday, Mr. Fennell said that it was time for all stake-holders to focus on the task on hand.

“There is quite considerable work left to be done. But everything will be ready and we will have good games,” Mr. Fennell said.

He said the Organising Committee had been entrusted with the responsibility by the CGF, which in turn was dependent on the developers to get things done.

“In any games, there are a number of stakeholders, overall we have to ensure that we do everything to conduct the Games,” Mr. Fennell added.

He recalled his warning on the previous visit that cleaning was the key to projecting a positive image of the Games to the world in the run-up to the main event.