Deccan Chargers has reversed its earlier stand of pulling out of the third edition of the Indian Premier League.

“There is no question of Deccan Chargers pulling out of this year’s IPL,” said Venkat Reddy, Director of Operations, Deccan Chargers.

In a statement here on Tuesday, Reddy said that they were working together with the Indian Premier League authorities to ensure the success of IPL-3 and had been reassured by the IPL Commissioner, Lalit Modi, that their (Chargers) interest would be protected.

“The reports that the Australian cricketers, who are members of the Chargers team, not coming to India are totally baseless,” Reddy said. “We hope to retain the title too,” he added.

Revised schedule

Meanwhile, it was announced that the team will play two matches at Cuttack as its ‘home’ venue, three in Nagpur and two, including the inaugural match against Kolkata Knight Riders in DY Patil Stadium (Navi Mumbai).

The revised schedule: March 12: Deccan Chargers vs Kolkata Knight Riders (DY Patil Stadium, Navi Mumbai); March 19: Chargers vs Kings XI (Cuttack); March 21: Chargers vs Delhi Daredevils (Cuttack); March 28: Chargers vs Mumbai Indians (DY Patil Stadium); April 5: Chargers vs Rajasthan Royals (Nagpur); April 10: Chargers vs Chennai Super Kings (Nagpur); April 12: Chargers vs Royal Challengers Bangalore (Nagpur) .

RELATED NEWS

Modi: Deccan Chargers will defend IPL titleFebruary 16, 2010

More In: Cricket | Sport