Simon Katich was on Saturday ordered to face a disciplinary hearing to explain his outspoken comments accusing Test captain Michael Clarke of playing a part in his axing from the Australian team.
Cricket Australia chief executive James Sutherland said he was “surprised and disappointed” by Katich's allegations and the player had been reported for breaching its code of conduct.
“CA emphatically refutes any suggestion that Michael Clarke influenced the independent selection panel's recommendations for the 2011-12 CA contract players' list, a list that did not include Katich,” he said.
Clarke has denied playing any part in the axing of Katich and warned the former opener his outspoken comments were not doing him any favours.
But Clarke said the door had not been shut on anyone. “Look, when Simon wasn't selected I wasn't a selector,” Clarke told Australian media.
“Since becoming a selector I've made it clear in plenty of press conferences that the door's certainly not closed on anyone.
“But in saying that I don't think his comments are certainly helping him get back into this team at the moment.
“The team morale is such an important part of having success and it's been a great thing for the Australian team in both forms of the game of late.”