Bindra had earlier claimed that pressure from BCCI had led to Sri Lankan Board withdraw a report of an Indian player allegedly violating anti-corruption rules during the 2010 tour, which the Sri Lankan Board has refuted.
Punjab Cricket Association President I.S. Bindra on Monday said that he fully stood by his claim that Sri Lankan Board had withdrawn a report which had mentioned an Indian player allegedly violating anti-corruption rules during the 2010 tour on pressure from the BCCI.
“I have seen the press release issued by the Sri Lankan Board of June 3, contradicting my assertion made in my blog dated 1st June. I reiterate and fully stand by what I had said,” Mr. Bindra said in statement after SLC refuted his claims.
“I would like the ICC or any other independent body to hold a probe into the matter and take action on the basis of this probe. I undertake to provide full information and details to an independent probing agency,” he said.
Earlier in the day, SLC refuted Bindra’s claims that a BCCI official had arm-twisted the Sri Lankan Board to withdraw a report which had mentioned an Indian player allegedly violating anti-corruption regulations during the Indian tour in 2010.
“Sri Lanka Cricket read with surprise an account of an incident that supposedly led to filing of an anti-corruption report during the Indian tour of Sri Lanka in 2010, and the subsequent withdrawal of the said report due to ‘arm-twisting’ by the BCCI,” a statement issued by the acting CEO of the SLC, Ashley de Silva said.
“We wish to state that such an incident did not take place as alleged and no report was submitted to the Indian Team Manager nor was an incident report filed with the Anti Corruption Unit of the ICC who were present during the series. The allegations that follow are therefore not pertinent.”
Mr. Bindra had claimed on Sunday that during India’s 2010 tour to Sri Lanka, an official travelling with the team had taken a girl into the room of an Indian player who is also a prominent member of IPL team Chennai Super Kings for the last six seasons.
“It was observed on the footage that the girl spent the night prior to a game. It was also alleged that girl was sent by an individual on ICC’s list of suspected bookies. This incident was in gross violation of security as well as anti-corruption regulations,” Mr. Bindra had claimed.