The Cricket Board continued to remain mum on the Indian team’s controversial skipping of the ICC Annual Awards function in London three days ago, with its Chief Administrative Officer refusing to react to the issue.

BCCI CAO Prof Ratnakar Shetty said the Board has decided not to respond to ICC CEO Haroon Lorgat’s scathing criticism that the skipping of the awards function by the Indian team was a “shame“.

“I will not comment on that. Haroon (Lorgat) has said whatever he had to. BCCI has decided not to comment on it now.

The event is over,” Shetty told reporters here.

There have been speculations in the media that the invitation for the function was not sent as per protocol, but the BCCI has also chosen to remain mum on this too.

The awards function was held in London on September 12 and the team, having lost the ODI series to hosts England following the tied game the previous night at Lord’s, chose to skip the ICC’s event.

The decision led to Lorgat blaming the BCCI squarely for the controversy, as he said invitations had been sent to the Board a few weeks in advance.

“It was quite disappointing that the Indian team did not attend the Awards function last night. I know for a fact that my team had invited them some months back. We probably have confirmation of their likely attendance and in fact the very date was scheduled around their availability in London. Well, they haven’t and England team has attended,” Lorgat had said after the team’s no show.

“I know for a fact that they were invited. We sent those invitations through the BCCI. Perhaps that’s the question which should be asked to the BCCI,” he had said.

More In: Sport | Cricket