FIFA World Cup 2014 - Day 4
Jun 16, 2014
Messi scored a stunning second-half goal to push Argentina to a 2-1 victory over Bosnia-Herzegovina; France beat Honduras as goal-line technology makes history and Haris Seferovic gave Switzerland a dramatic last-gasp win over Ecuador.
Related:Messi off the mark as Argentina win World Cup opener Related:France beats Honduras 3-0 in Group E match at World Cup Letters:Last gasp win for Swiss
1. Comments will be moderated by The Hindu editorial team.
2. Comments that are abusive, personal, incendiary or irrelevant cannot be published.
3. Please write complete sentences. Do not type comments in all capital letters,
or in all lower case letters, or using abbreviated text.
(example: u cannot substitute for you, d is not 'the', n is not 'and').
4. We may remove hyperlinks within comments.
5. Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name, to avoid rejection.
The 15-member side contains no major surprises. Eight members of the squad have played fewer than 50 ODIs, in stark contrast to the experienced side that won the 2011 World Cup. »
Pages from the past Digging out some classic articles from our exhaustive archives.
That night...June 25, 1983 Field Marshal extraordinaire Giving the boys their due The fascinating journey with Lara Salute to a great team in decline Let us resolve... It isn't cricket