Don’t go overboard and try to cool it off quickly in the refrigerator or freezer either
Temperatures higher than 30 degrees Celsius can be bad for your smartphone in the long run. Indeed, if left out in the sun for too long, a smartphone’s touch-screen will stop working properly, warns German telecommunications portal Teltarif.de.
Batteries can also give up their charge faster in the heat, meaning it’s best if mobile devices are carried in bags during warm weather.
If you accidentally let your phone overheat, put it in the shade to cool off.
Don’t go overboard and try to cool it off quickly in the refrigerator or freezer. Too rapid a change in temperature will let condensation build up in the housing, which could lead to a short circuit.