Simple and easy to follow tips for a healthy lifestyle.
1. Drink at least two litres of water a day to build up your immune system, experts recommend.
2. Cold viruses can be warded off with a diet rich in vitamins and minerals, reports the Technical Inspection Authority (TUV) of Cologne in Germany.
3. Long autumn walks can also boost circulation.
4. However, be sure to stay warm, which also promotes circulation and boosts the immune system. An immersion bath or a trip to the sauna can help.
5. Good hygiene can also ward off infection, which is why the TUV recommends regular hand washing.
6. Viruses are common where people congregate - places like offices or public transportation. So hand shaking and greeting with kisses can also lead to virus transmission.