A Pakistani anti-terrorism court hearing the case against seven suspects, including Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) operations commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, arrested for their involvement in the Mumbai attacks was on Saturday put off till October 3 as the judge conducting the trial was on leave.
Judge Baqir Ali Rana of the anti-terrorism court No 2 is conducting the trial of the seven suspects within the high-security Adiala Jail in the garrison city of Rawalpindi due to security reasons.
The court authorities set October 3 as the date for next hearing, sources told PTI.
Significantly, Interior Minister Rehman Malik had said recently that the suspects would be formally indicted at Saturday’s hearing.
The Federal investigation agency, which conducted the probe into Pakistani links to the Mumbai attacks, has already submitted charge-sheets against all the accused.
Five LeT operatives — Lakhvi, communications expert Zarar Shah, Abu al-Qama, Hamad Amin Sadiq and Shahid Jamil Riaz — were being tried by the anti-terrorism court.
They have been accused of providing training, financial support, accommodation, equipment and communications gear to the 10 terrorists who attacked Mumbai last year.
No details were available of the charges against the two other suspects, Jamil Ahmed and Younas Anjum.