The expected indictment on Saturday of seven suspects in the Mumbai attacks case by a Pakistani anti-terror court did not take place as the judge was on leave.
The case has been adjourned to October 3.
The seven include Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi and Zarar Shah, top militant leaders of the Lashkar-e-Taiba.
The proceedings, which began in mid-February and held in the high-security Adiala Jail where the suspects have been detained, are still in the pre-trial stage.
The Federal Investigation Agency, which carried out the investigation in the case, has submitted charge sheets to the court against all seven suspects, Interior Minister Rehman Malik told a press conference last week.
The Minister said the court would frame the charges and formally indict the seven at Saturday’s hearing, so that the trial against them could begin.
But as Judge Baqir Ali Rana was on leave, the case was adjourned until next Saturday.