Devas Multimedia Pvt. Ltd. refused on Thursday to react to the Union government's decision to cancel its contract with ISRO's commercial arm, Antrix Corporation, and said it was yet to receive a formal communication.

“We are still awaiting a formal communication from the government of India on the status of our contract. Once we get this information, we will be in a position to comment,” the Bangalore-based private firm said in a statement issued after the Cabinet Committee on Security decided to annul the agreement Antrix and Devas signed in January 2005.

On Wednesday, Devas threatened to move court if the government terminated the deal. The statement was issued after Prime Minister Manmohan Singh made it clear at a press conference that the government would not dilute the Space Commission's recommendations, submitted last year, to scrap the deal.

More In: National | News