India on Wednesday said its stand on the Jamaat-ud Dawa (JuD) chief Hafiz Saeed’s involvement in the Mumbai terror attacks had been vindicated with the Interpol issuing a Red Corner Notice against him.

“Interpol has issued a Red Corner Notice for Saeed’s involvement. It is a vindication of the stand the Government of India has taken,’’ External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna told newspersons. “The perpetrators of the Mumbai attacks will have to be brought to justice. We have painstakingly collected evidence to convey the involvement of these persons,’’ he added.

Asked about the import of the Interpol’s Red Corner Notice, the Minister said, “I think the world should take note of these developments and then they will have to come to their own conclusions.”

“India can only do this much and nothing beyond that. We have done whatever we can and will continue to impress on curbing of terror,” he observed. On reports that Pakistan has said there was still not enough evidence on the involvement of Hafiz Saeed, Mr. Krishna said such statements were unfortunate.

Informed sources said there was no specific dossier on Hafiz Saeed but each of the six dossiers submitted to Pakistan had brought out his involvement in the planning of the attacks and logistical support and

training to the perpetrators of the attacks. “A reading of the six dossiers collected by our intelligence agencies would show that one of the names that comes out prominently is that of Hafiz Saeed,’’ they

said.

More In: National | News