With Prime Minister Manmohan Singh facing fresh attack in coal block allocations, the government on Wednesday appeared to hit out at the former Coal Secretary, P.C. Parakh, for his comments against him even as it sought to take refuge in the matter being sub judice.

“Uncalled for”

Responding to Mr. Parakh’s remarks that the Prime Minister must be counted as a “conspirator” if there was a scam in allocations, Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari said “unwarranted and uncalled for” comments should be avoided.

He said the government had already provided all documents to the CBI and if anybody wanted to say anything, it should be done at an appropriate forum and at an appropriate time.

The Minister also attacked the BJP for targeting the Prime Minister, saying it was behaving irresponsibly. — PTI

RELATED NEWS

‘If I am wrong, what about PM?’October 16, 2013

More In: National | News