Two Indians have been found dead in their room in an under-construction building in Yimti area, about 125 km from Oman's capital Muscat.
Sharon D’Souza (26), an engineer, and his uncle Lakaylet D’Souza (35) from Karnataka were found dead in an under-construction building in Yimti near Izki on Sunday.
“They might have died due to asphyxiation after inhaling some poisonous gas emitted from objects they had burnt to keep their room warm,” the Times of Oman reported quoting sources.
“One of their roommates who was in the same room is now battling for life in Nizwa hospital,” they added.
According to hospital sources, the man who is battling for his life has been identified as Deepak (24) from Uttar Pradesh and his condition is critical.
He has been found to have inhaled carbon monoxide. “He is on ventilator. Medics are trying their best to save his life,” the hospital sources added.
Sharon, his brother Sajith, Lakaylet and Deepak were staying in the same room of the building, where they were carrying out interior decoration work. All the four were working with a small company.
Sajith is under police custody as part of the investigation. Social Welfare Secretary with the Indian Social Club P.M. Jabir said, “As the company lacks money to repatriate the bodies to India, we have sought the help of the Indian embassy to airlift their bodies.”