Following are tribunals/ bodies that function with retired Supreme Court judges. The list is neither illustrative nor exhaustive.
1. The National Human Rights Commission: Chairperson Justice K.G. Balakrishnan, former Chief Justice of India. Member Justice G.P. Mathur.
The Law Commission of India: Chairperson Justice P.V. Reddy.
3. The National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission: President Justice Ashok Bhan.
4. The Press Council of India: Chairperson Justice Markandey Katju.
5. The Competition Appellate Tribunal of India: Chairman Justice V.S. Sirpurkar.
6. Justice Lokeshwar Singh Panta, who was appointed Chairperson of the National Green Tribunal, resigned to become the Lokayukta of Himachal Pradesh. A sitting Supreme Court judge, Justice Swatanter Kumar, is to be appointed Chairperson.
7. The Armed Forces Tribunal: Chairperson Justice A.K. Mathur.
8. The Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal: Chairperson Justice S.B. Sinha.
9. The Uttar Pradesh Human Rights Commission: Chairperson Justice H.K. Sema.
10. The West Bengal Human Rights Commission: Chairperson Justice Asok Kumar Ganguly.
11. The Madhya Pradesh Lokayukta: Justice P. P. Naolekar.
Heads of Tribunals
12. The Vansadhara Water Disputes Tribunal: Justice Mukundakam Sharma was appointed Chairperson when he was a sitting judge; he still continues as Chairperson.
13. The Mahadayi Water Disputes Tribunal: Chairperson Justice J.M. Panchal.
14. The Krishna Water Disputes Tribunal: Chairperson Justice Brijesh Kumar.
15. The Ravi-Beas Tribunal and the Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal: the post of Chairman of both bodies remains vacant.
16. The Commission to settle border dispute between Arunachal Pradesh and Assam is headed by Justice Tarun Chatterjee.
17. The Monitoring Authority to probe the Gujarat fake encounters is headed by Justice H.S. Bedi.