The new Cabinet to be sworn in along with Jayalalithaa on Monday contains a few senior leaders, plenty of new faces and some notable omissions.
While Ms. Jayalalithaa will have control over Home, Police and General Administration, her colleague O. Panneerselvam has been entrusted with the challenging task of steering the State's finances.
Ms. Jayalalithaa's long-time loyalist and campaign manager K.A. Sengottaiyan has been given the important portfolio of Agriculture. Natham R. Viswanathan, the Electricity minister in her previous regime, will retain the same ministry.
The notable omissions are D. Jayakumar, Pollachi V. Jayaraman, B. Valarmathi and Nainar Nagendran. Nine members of the new Cabinet are former ministers.
As the AIADMK has won all the eight seats in Tirupur, the party's district secretary and Madathukulam MLA C. Shanmugavelu has been rewarded with the Industries portfolio.
C.Ve. Shanmugam will be the School Education Minister and P. Palaniappan has been made Higher Education Minister. V. Vaithilingam, the Forests Minister in the previous AIADMK government, has been allotted Housing and Urban Development.
K.V. Ramalingam gets the Public Works Department.
Dr. V.S. Vijay, an orthopaedic surgeon and Vellore MLA, is made the Health Minister.
V. Senthil Balaji, one of party's young faces, has been given charge of Transport, while Agri S.S. Krishnamoorthy will be at the helm of the Food Ministry.
Ministers from Chennai
Chennai gets three Ministers: G. Senthamizhan from Saidapet (Information); Anna Nagar MLA Gokula Indira (Commercial Taxes and Registration) and Tambaram MLA T.K.M. Chinnayya (Backward Classes). Selvi Ramajayam, set to be the new Social Welfare Minister, is the third woman in the Cabinet.
Udhagamandalam MLA Budhi Chandiran has been chosen for Tourism.
Following is the list of Tamil Nadu ministers and portfolios.
(1) J.Jayalalithaa — Chief Minister, Public,Indian Administrative Service, Indian Police Service, Indian Forest Service, General Administration, District Revenue Officers, Prevention of Corruption, Police, Home
(2) O.Panneerselvam — Finance
(3) K.A.Sengottaiyan — Agriculture
(4) Natham R.Viswanathan — Electricity, Prohibition and Excise
(5) K.P.Munisamy — Municipal Administration, Rural Development
(6) C.Shanmugavelu — Industries
(7) R.Vaithilingam — Housing and Urban Development
(8) S.S.Krishnamoorthy — Food
(9) C.Karuppasamy — Animal Husbandary
(10) P.Palaniappan — Higher Education
(11) C.Ve.Shanmugam — School Education
(12) Sellur K.Raju — Cooperation
(13) K.T.Pachamal — Forests
(14) Edappadi K.Palanisamy — Highways and Minor Ports
(15) S.P.Shanmuganathan — HR & CE
(16) K.V.Ramalingam — Public Works
(17) S.P.Velumani — Special Programme Implementation
(18) T.K.M.Chinnayya — Backward Classes
(19) M.C.Sampath — Rural Industries
(20) P.Thangamani — Revenue
(21) G.Senthamizhan — Information
(22) S.Gokula Indira — Commerical Taxes and Registration
(23) Selvi Ramajayam — Social Welfare
(24) B.V.Ramanaa — Handlooms and Textiles
(25) R.B.Udhayakumar — Information and Technology
(26) N.Subramanian — Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare
(27) V.Senthil Balaji — Transport
(28) N.Mariyam Pichai — Environment
(29) K.A.Jayapal — Fisheries
(30) E.Subaya — Law, Courts and Prisons
(31) Budhichandhiran — Tourism
(32) S.T.Chellapandian — Labour
(33) Dr.V.S.Vijay — Health
(34) N.R.Sivapathi — Sports and Youth Welfare