“Next round of talks only if the Centre provides copies of all these documents”
The People's Movement Against Nuclear Energy (PMANE), which is spearheading the ongoing anti-Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project struggle has demanded Central Experts Team to provide the copies of following documents.
1. The Site Evaluation Study, Safety Analysis Report, VVER Performance Report and all other relevant documents for reactors 1 and 2.
2. Detailed Project Report (DPR) submitted to the Ministry of Environment and Forest with annexure (including maps) if any with regard to reactors 1 and 2.
3. The completed application in the format prescribed in the Environment Impact Assessment notification with the annexure (including maps) seeking EIA clearance given for both the reactors.
4. Reports/Comments from the Tamil Nadu Pollution Control Board (TNPCB), including minutes of the public hearing held for both reactors.
5. Application with annexure to the TNPCB seeking No Objection Certificate/consent under Air and Water Act along with the Consent orders of both reactors; Stop Work Notice and other show cause notices, if any, issued by TNPCB along with replies given to the same.
6. Reports/Comments from the Regional Office of the MoEF on both the reactors.
7. Reports/Comments received from any other government or expert agency such as port authorities, fisheries, coastguard, navy etc. on both the reactors.
8. All minutes (including draft minutes) of all the meetings of the Expert Appraisal Committee (EAC) of the MoEF on both reactors.
Supplementary or additional reports
9. Any supplementary or additional reports/studies submitted to MoEF pursuant to any queries of the EAC on both reactors.
10. All studies/reports sub-contracted to other agencies for the preparation of the EIA report (example social impact, impact on flora and fauna etc) of both reactors.
11. Reports along with maps obtained from National Institute of Oceanography and Technology or other agencies for the Coastal Regulatory Zone clearance for both reactors.
12. Application with annexure for CRZ clearance, if any, for both reactors.
13. Minutes (including draft minutes) of EAC of MoEF for CRZ for both reactors.
14. Request for inspection of all files with the MoEF in respect of both reactors.
The next round of talks between the two sides will take place only if the Union Government provides the copies of all these documents, said one of the two representatives of the protestors in the State Panel M. Pushparayan.