There were some tense moments outside the residence of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa's house at Siruthavur in Kancheepuram District on Friday evening as there was a minor fire outisde the compound wall, which was suspected due to short circuit. The incident occurred around 4.30 p.m.

The electrical wire which goes through the lawn of the house reportedly caught fire resulting in a thick smoke. The security personnel and fire personnel rushed in and put out the fire within ten minutes. The Electricity personnel who came later found that the fire occured as a result of a short circuit.

Chief Minister Jayalalithaa was inside the house at the time of the incident.

More In: Tamil Nadu | National