Dissenting Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh who has been questioned three times over the past week by the police for his alleged involvement with the scam-tainted Saradha Group said here on Thursday that he had information that some senior leaders of the party were maintaining links with higher-ups in the Congress.

“I have information that some days ago, there was a tea party in Dinesh Trivedi’s [Trinamool Congress MP] home in Delhi where Somen Mitra, Saugata Roy [both Trinamool Congress MPs] were present. Ahmed Patel, the political secretary to Sonia ji, was also present,” he said, urging journalists to ask these leaders what transpired at the meeting.

Mr. Ghosh said he had not met anyone from the Congress in New Delhi during his recent visit there (he returned to the city earlier in the day) and that reports that he met Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Wednesday were “absolutely false”.

 “In fact when the news was aired I was having tea with Somen Mitra at his Delhi residence,” he said.

However, the Rajya Sabha MP admitted that he has made a video recording of his statements relating to the Saradha Scam and he would release the recoding in public if he does not get a chance to voice his opinion.

“If I find that the conspiracy [by his detractors within his party] against me is turning dangerous and I am not getting a chance to communicate with the people then the recording will be released,” he said.

  Mr. Ghosh said he was willing to meet Saradha Group chairman and managing director Sudipta Sen who had accused him of taking money from him and pressurising him, in a letter written by Mr. Sen to the CBI in April.

 “I want to meet Sudipta Sen in the presence of investigating officers,” he said.

Mr. Ghosh said he had not yet received any show cause notice from the Trinamool Congress or an invite to participate in the extended meeting of the party on September 30.

“I want to join the meeting of September 30 so that I can clarify my stand before the party workers,” he said.

 The journalist-turned-MP said he rushed to the Bidhannagar Police Commissionerate after landing at the city’s airport following summons from the Deputy Commissioner (Detective Department) Arnab Ghosh.

“However, the officer was away on some work when I reached his office. Other officers present had some queries, which I answered to the best of my ability,” he said, refusing to comment any further about Mr. Arnab Ghosh’s absence.