Security has been beefed up at the places where American terror suspect David Headley conducted recee, Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan said here on Saturday night.
“We have increased security at places where Headley conducted recee,” Mr. Chavan told reporters after reviewing the State security situation.
“We have beefed up security at airport and railway stations,” Mr. Chavan said.
Asked who was the primary suspect in the blast, Mr. Chavan said he could not comment “as long as full information is not available”.
“That terrorists are involved (in the blast) is almost certain,” Mr. Chavan said.
According to police information, Headly had conducted recee of Chabad house, a Jewish prayer house, and Osho Ashram,” he said.
Asked if a security advisory had been issued by central agencies ahead of the attack, Mr. Chavan said “I will check with my people.”
The Chief Minister denied there was a lack of coordination between State and central intelligence agencies.
“There is proper information-sharing,” he said.
On the diversion of police force for bandobust duty during Shiv Sena’s agitation against Shah Rukh Khan’s film My Name is Khan, Mr. Chavan said “security of common man is more important than that of theatres.”
Political parties should work unitedly to face the challenge, he said.