Criticising the idea of moving him around like a “football” at an old age, Lt. Gen. K. S. Brar said on Friday that he will resist the government’s move to relocate him from his current residence in Mumbai.
Speaking to The Hindu on the phone, Gen. Brar said, “I am currently living in a very safe place. There is tremendous security. I have been here for 20 years. My family and friends are here. My life revolves around this place. I am 78 years old. I don’t want to spend the last years of my life in misery. Why the hell should I move?”
“I cannot imagine moving anywhere else. Will they send me to the Andaman and Nicobar islands, where prisoners of war were sent? The prisoners certainly were safe there,” he remarked.
Gen. Bar, who recently escaped an assassination attempt in central London, said he hadn’t heard from the government regarding the plan to relocate him.
“I am only hearing of it in the media. I will resist any move to relocate.” he said.
He pointed out that, according to the Home Ministry, the plot to kill him had been hatched in Germany. “They had been planning to kill me in India, but they did it in London,” he said.
He was satisfied with the arrests made in London and the action taken by the London authorities.