With the death of one more person, the number of swine flu deaths in Indore has gone up to twelve since January 2013, a medical officer said on Saturday.
A 35-year-old man from Sukhaliya Colony, who was admitted to CHL Hospital here on March 20, died of swine flu on Friday, the Integrated Disease Surveillance Project (IDSP) official Dr. G.L. Sodhi said.
Out of the twelve victims, eight were from nearby cities, while four were from Indore, he said.
Presently, there are eight H1N1 patients undergoing treatment at private hospitals here, out of which, three are critical, Mr. Sodhi said.
Meanwhile, Indore Collector Akash Tripathi held a high-level meeting of district health officials and heads of private hospitals.
During the meeting, Mr. Tripathi issued instructions to the health officials to increase surveillance and publicity campaign to make people aware about the disease, testing facilities and drugs availability, another official said.
Mr. Tripathi announced setting up of a control room for H1N1 and said that screening centres had been set up in Maharaja Yeshwantrao Hospital as well as the district hospital.