Amidst reports that Jharkhand had stopped operations against Naxals, Chief Minister Shibu Soren on Thursday ruled out any difference with the Centre on the issue of controlling Maoist violence and expressed his resolve in checking the menace.

Mr. Soren, who held an hour-long meeting with Home Minister P. Chidambaram, the first after he took over the reins of the State last month, told reporters that his government was not opposed to any offensive against Maoists.

“There is no difference between us and the Centre. We are working with each other.

“We discussed developmental issues and the problem of Naxalism. We have been trying to control the menace (Naxalism) and will continue to do so,” Mr. Soren said.

Asked about the presence of central security forces to take on Naxalites in Jharkhand, he said, “There has been a decision from the Central government on sending forces for operation ‘Green Hunt’. We also have that force. We welcome them.”

Mr. Chidambaram had said recently that Jharkhand would be included in the anti-Naxal operations after discussions with the State government.

Jharkhand, which shares its border with Orissa, Chhattisgarh, West Bengal, Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, has Maoist presence in 20 of its 24 districts.

The Home Minister has convened a meeting here of Chief ministers of naxal-hit states on February 7 to finalise pro-active action against Naxals.