Amid allegations that Swami Nigamananda was poisoned, authorities today ordered a second viscera test of the seer who died after a four—month fast against quarrying in Ganga bed, even as Congress stepped up attack on the Chief Minister demanding his resignation.

Haridwar District Magistrate Meenakshi Sundaram has decided that another sample of viscera of Swami Nigamananda be taken after the founder head of Matri Sadan ashram and his guru, Swami Shivanand, gave a written request in this regard, said Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Kewal Khurana, a day after the Uttarakhand Government recommended a CBI probe into the circumstances of his death.

A panel of doctors will take the sample at Matri Sadan ashram, where the body of the 36—year—old seer has been kept.

The DM also made it clear that it is not a second post mortem and that only viscera samples will suffice, officials said.

Uttarakhand Minister Madan Kaushik had yesterday said that the government is ready for a fresh viscera test if the ashram and his family members are not satisfied.

Though the post mortem report of Swami Nigamananda had stated coma, septicaemia and degenerative brain disorder as the cause of death, Swami Shivanand had alleged that Swami Nigamananda died of poisoning after he was administered a lethal injection at the behest of quarrying mafia.

The death of Swami Nigamananda on June 13 has sparked intense criticism of the BJP government with opposition Congress today demanding resignation of Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank alleging that the seer could not be saved due to negligence of the state government.

“The death of Swami Nigamananda due to lack of proper medical care clearly shows that the BJP government has completely failed to discharge its duty,” spokesman of Uttarakhand Congress Legislature Party Kishore Upadhyay said.

“Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank should immediately resign from the post,” he said.

Meanwhile, a tussle broke out between the ashram and seer’s family members over taking possession of the seer’s body. The family threatened to go on an indefinite fast if the body is not handed over to them for the last rites.