West Bengal government today said it will consider moving the Supreme Court after it gets the copy of the Calcutta High Court order directing it to hand over the January 7 Netai massacre case to the CBI.
“We have not yet received the copy of the High Court order. We have to go through it. Then decision to move the Supreme Court will be taken after studying the ground,” state Chief Secretary Samar Ghosh said here on Friday.
Asked if he was happy with the CID probe into the massacre of nine persons at Netai village near Lalgarh, the Chief Secretary said “the CID had given its report to the Court”.
To a question on whether the CID had been failing when the court had been ordering handing over of cases after cases to the CBI, Mr. Ghosh said “this is the decision of the High Court.”
“State government thought it wise to ask CID to probe the Netai case. Now the Court found it should be handed over to the CBI,” he added.
Asked if the monitoring of the case was not properly monitored, he said “senior officers have supervised the case”.
RSP leader Khsiti Goswami, who had in the past criticised the government on various issues, said “We have to face it because we are in the same boat.”