Maha Kumbh Mela 2013
Jan 13, 2013
Maha Kumbh Mela, held in Allahabad every 12 years and billed as the biggest religious gathering in the world, has seen a growing number of pilgrims and visitors for a holy bath at the confluence of the three holy rivers, Sangam, where water levels are at the lowest in many years.
Related:90 lakh take a dip in Sangam Related:Lakhs take a dip in Sangam as Kumbh gets under way Related:Army opens Fort area for Kumbh visitors Related:Maha Kumbh: Factional feud among ‘akharas’ Related:Kalpwasis make a beeline for Sangam Related:Kumbh bath ghats out of bounds to lensmen Related:45 lakh take second dip at Sangam Related:Over three crore devotees take the dip at Sangam
- 20:31 PM reviews infrastructure projects progress
- 18:06 Ceasefire violations will be part of India-Pakistan talks: Jaitley
- 17:46 BMW Financial Services MD gets bail
- 16:53 Raj Singh moulded me: Tendulkar
- 15:37 Strikes cripple life in Manipur
- 14:31 Sanjay Kishan Kaul sworn-in as Chief Justice of Madras HC
- 11:04 Kaptan Singh Solanki is Haryana Governor
- 09:13 Upbeat BJP seeks 15 more seats from Sena
- 08:03 Congressman mistakes U.S. officials for Indian diplomats
- 00:48 US students evincing interest in Indian folklore, says scholar
- 23:58 Mistaken identity brings joy and sorrow to two families
- 23:20 Agonising wait continues for parents
- 22:50 Paradise erupts in joy!
- 22:38 Report on allocation of staff to AP, TS ready
- 22:35 Naidu to offer Rs. 3,000 cr. worth iPads to households
- 22:17 Can do with better attention
Listen to The Hindu's Sports Editor Nirmal Shekar speak to our Sports-Writer Arun Venugopal on India's tour of England and the Commonweath Games....Listen in »
WorldView with Suhasini Haidar
Extreme outcomes in the Great Game over Ukraine
The shooting down of MH17 is one of the most horrific consequences of the latest version of the "Great Game".
Free for all
An Uncritical Eye - "The World Before Her"
It’s a telling commentary that the media groups blacklisted any news on the film and the VHP chose to make it more popular!
|Gujarat, Rajasthan and Punjab: The Need for a Border States Group|
The aim of the research report by Tridivesh Singh Maini is to examine the approach of the political leadership, as well as the business community, in three ‘border States’ towards India-Pakistan ties.This paper has sought to look at a number of factors, which include politics, economics as well as security issues.Read Article »