A major fire on Wednesday broke out in a multi-storey commercial complex here destroying goods worth crores of rupees but there was no loss of life.

Two firefighters were injured while battling the flames that engulfed the third floor of the complex located near busy Sanganeri Gate area, Fire Officer Ishwar Jat said.

Nearly 100 kiosks were gutted and goods worth crores of rupees destroyed in the fire suspected to be caused by a short circuit, he said.

There was no loss of life, the Fire Officer said.

“We pressed 25 fire tenders into service to douse the flames. The fire was finally extinguished after nearly six hours,” he said.

The fire erupted in the morning before the opening of shops, Jat said adding a few people, who were in the complex, were evacuated promptly.

Traffic was diverted and the area cordoned off, police said.

Shops located in nearby areas remained shut as the fire raged.