A senior police official on Thursday dismissed as false, some media reports which said the anti-naxal operations in Jharkhand have been stopped.
“Ongoing operations in various naxal-infested districts are going on. They have not been stopped as reported by a section of media,” Inspector General of Police, V D Deshmukh, told PTI here.
“Preparations are also underway for special operations in the naxal-affected districts,” Deshmukh added.
A section of media allegedly reported that anti-naxal operation in Jharkhand had been stopped in the backdrop of Union Home Minister P Chidambaram reportedly convening a meeting of three states ---Chhatisgarh, Orissa and Maharashtra -- in Raipur.
Jharkhand, which shares borders with Orissa, Chhatisgarh, West Bengal, Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, has Maoist presence in 20 of its 24 districts.
Soon after JMM President Shibu Soren took over as Chief Minister he offered talks with the naxals, who were still to respond.