Leakage of ammonia gas from an ice factory at Nagarwada in Vadodara on Tuesday created panic among the people.
About a dozen factory workers fell unconscious following the leak. They were admitted to the Sir Sayajirao Government Hospital, where their condition is stated to be improving.
The police and the fire service personnel rushed to the spot and evacuated residents from the nearby areas. .
After about two hours, the authorities managed to plug the leak.
The fire brigade sources said, malfunctioning of a safety valve due to increasing pressure on the pipeline caused the leakage.
Keywords: ammonia gas leak