As many as 100 students of a primary school were on Wednesday taken ill after eating ‘kheer’ (a sweet dish) served to them in the midday meal.

The children in Agori village of the district complained of vomiting and stomach ache after eating the dish this afternoon, DM Chandra Prakash Tewari said.

While 18 children were taken to the nearby health centre, others were given primary treatment at the school itself, he said.

The dish and the utensil in which it was cooked have been seized, and a team comprising the Chief Medical Officer and others has been constituted to probe into the matter.